Root Wiko Robby using SP Flash Tool [Tutorial]
For rooting the Wiko Robby smartphone with Android 6.0 Marshmallow, you first need to flash a custom recovery. Secondly, you will need to install SuperSU binaries. Before you proceed with this guide, make a full backup so as not to lose any of your personal files.
Prepare your Device before Rooting
- Download and install the MTK6580 drivers on your PC.
- Download the TWRP recovery for Wiko Robby and extract it to the desktop of your computer, preferably.
- Download the latest version of SP-Flash-Tool and extract it on your PC.
- Connect the device to the USB port and copy the file Supersu2.74.zip to the main memory of the phone.
- Disconnect the USB cable and turn off your phone.
How to Flash TWRP recovery for Wiko Robby
- Open the SP-Flash-Tool and click on Scatter-loading and select MTK6580_Android_scatter.
- Next click on the RECOVERY box, click on the green field and select the recovery.img file. All other boxes must be unchecked.
- Click Download and connect Wiko Robby to PC via USB.
- The tool will detect your phone immediately and start the task.
- After a few seconds, the process will be finished and you will get the Download OK notification.
Install SuperSU on Wiko Robby
- Hold the volume + power buttons until the phone is restarted in recovery mode.
- Backup active partitions of the phone and copy it to external memory (optional but highly recommended).
- Press install and load the SuperSU.zip file that we copied previously in the memory of Wiko Robby.
- Accept the installation and wait for a few seconds until it is finished.
- Finally we restart the device with the Reboot option. Congratualtions! Your Wiko Robby is now ROOTED.
- If in TWRP mode, you are asked to update SuperSU – Do NOT do so. You need to do that when turning the phone on in normal mode.
- If SuperSU is not installed it is because the phone is filled with applications and configurations, so you will have to do WIPE-> Factory reset from TWRP before installing SuperSU again.