How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on LG G3
If you’re one of the lucky ones to have a LG G3 we have good news for you, Android 7.0 Nougat is now available for your smartphone. LG G3 came loaded with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and will not receive the Android 7.0 Nougat update now. This smartphone was top shelf at the time of its release but with this new update, LG has abandoned it. Thanks to the Android community, we have a new customized Android ROM that is available for all variants of the LG G3 which runs Android 7.0 Nougat.
How to Install Android 7.0 on your LG G3 Nougat
This ROM is based on Android AOSP so you will not have any of the features introduced by the manufacturer’s official firmware.
- Rooted LG G3
- It is important to have a custom CMW Recovery or the latest version of TWRP recovery. If you do not have it you can install the latest version of TWRP Recovery here (DOWNLOAD).
- Make a Nandroid backup beforehand so if you do not like Android 7.0 Nougat, you can easily downgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Install Android 7.0 Nougat on your LG G3
1. Download the Nougat ROM for your LG G3 model –
2. Download Gapps here.
3. Move the Nougat ROM along with Gapps to the device’s internal memory.
4. You must start G3 in Recovery mode (Turn off your phone for it and hold the Volume Down key + Power button). When you see the LG logo, release the power button and press it again, you’ll get a message and confirm by pressing 2 times the power button.
5. Once inside the Recovery mode, go to the Wipe option and select all Wipe options (wipe system, cache, dalvik) except Wipe Internal Storage.
6. Go to the Install option and select the ROM .zip file. Once the flashing process is finished after about ten minutes, return to the home page of Recovery mode for flashing Gapps.
7. In Install option, select the .zip file of Gapps you downloaded in step 2.
8. Reboot your LG G3 smartphone. The restart may take 5 to 10 minutes.
And that’s all. After completion of these simple steps, you can enjoy the latest and best Android till date – the Android 7.0 Nougat.