Install CyanogenMod CM14 14.1 ROM on Galaxy S3 [Tutorial]
Today we are going to learn how to download and install CM14.1 ROM with Nougat features and some Cyanogenmod features, such as LiveDisplay, Privacy Guard, Protected App, Profiles etc.
Prepare your Device before Installing CM 14.1 ROM
- Activate the option of USB Debugging from: Settings > About Phone > Build number. Then press 5-7 times on the build number, until a message appears that says you are a developer. Then go to Settings > Developer Options we enable USB Debugging. Also enable “Allow OEM unlock”, if this option is available.
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC, so you can connect the device to the computer correctly.
- Stay on the safe side as something can go wrong while modding. Before proceeding with installing CM14.1 ROM, make a full backup of all personal data, applications, settings, photos, music. It is also advisable to make a Backup of EFS folder, IMEI.
Download Cyanogen Mod 14.1 for Galaxy S3
- Download CM14.1 for Samsung Galaxy S3
- Download CM14.1 for Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3
- Gapps for Samsung Galaxy S3
Installing official CM14.1 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3
Step 1 Download CM14.1 unofficial ROM on your desktop.
Step 2 Make sure you have enabled USB debugging as mentioned above. Attach Samsung Galaxy S3 device to your desktop.
Step 3 Transfer CM14.1 to Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305.
Step 4 Turn off Samsung Galaxy S3 and remove USB cable.
Step 5 Now put your Galaxy S3 in recovery mode.
Step 6 Select “clear data/ factory reset” option
Step 7 Select “clear the cache partition”.
Step 8 Select “install zip from SD card” option.
Step 9 Choose CM14.1 ROM for your GT-I9305. Install Nougat 7.1 CM14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305.
Step 10 Go to the main menu and select “Reboot System Now” option. Wait until your device restarts.
Step 11 Now install GApps 7.1 on your Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305 using the exact steps above. Done!